Wednesday 22 June 2011

Baby Season

Image by Sura Nualpradid

Apologies for never come back and writing about our trip to Dreamworld, things have been crazy busy lately.  Days are finishing before they have begun! I think it's because the Butterfly has pushed her first day sleep back to 10:30am - by the time she wakes up, we all have lunch then finally get in the car it's around 1:00pm. Arrgh! Goodbye half the day! On the upside it's bringing a new routine into our day, the first half of the day is home based, just for us, while the afternoon is out and about time. It's quite nice really.

Anyhoo's, today was busy for a lovely reason. I visited a gorgeous friend of mine and her equally as gorgeous three week old baby boy. Ohmygosh. Cluck cluck cluck times a billion! He is just adorable. He is teeny tiny with these big, serious eyes and a really wise little face - he looks like he's been here before,done it all before. The Butterfly was quite taken by him too, she reached out and stroked his little hand so gently and kept pointing to him with this great big smile on her face. It was so sweet.

I think it must be baby season actually. So many people I know are pregnant, or have just had bubs. Another gorgeous friend of mine is pregnant with her third and talking to her the other night made me really really wistful. I miss being pregnant, so very very much. I loved every single thing about it. From the very first moment I see that second line on the test I fall head over heals in love with my baby. Actually, to be totally honest, that isn't true. Being the true emotional sap that I am, I fall head over heals in love with my baby before I actually fall pregnant. I love morning sickness as it's a clear sign that the bub is there and is growing. I love watching my belly grow, feeling those first fluttery kicks turn into great big take-my-breath-away thumps. I love the doctors appointments and the opportunity they provide to listen to that little heartbeat racing away. I love the anticipation of meeting them for the very first time, and then that amazing moment when you get to hold them, kiss their little head, whisper hello.

But we have decided to wait until the Butterfly is in prep before bringing a new little person into our family. Logically it makes sense - we want a new house by the time they arrive, we'll need a bigger car, a few more years can never hurt financially, I'll have finished my Master by then, etc. But emotionally? Oh it's going to be hard. Especially because the Bear keeps asking if there is another baby in Mummies tummy yet, and can it please be another girl and can it please be another Butterfly. And especially because I keep getting all choked up as I pack away the clothes both the Bear and Butterfly seem to be outgrowing on a daily basis.

So in the mean time I'll just keep clucking and keep getting all misty eyed over all the adorable little babies around me.

Cluck cluck :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...