Sunday 19 June 2011

My 'Fun Five' list

Image by Digialart

Today we went to Dreamworld which was great fun, but I'm too exhausted to write about it. Seriously. I'll do it tomorrow, I promise. Instead I thought I'd share my Fun Five list.

Basically, my Fun Five list is a list of five new activities to try with the Bear and the Butterfly during the week. The plan is to have one new activity for every day. Obviously this doesn't always work out, some weeks we do them all in one day and other weeks they love one of them so much we just keep doing the one over and over again.  Ideally the list is made up of things we haven't done before, or otherwise it's things they really love and get all excited about.  I thought I'd share my thoughts for this week. Please note these aren't all my ideas, I search everywhere for good activities!

Things I've come up with or come across for this week:

- Sponge Targets:  Equipment: Chalk, a wall, sponges, buckets of water. Activity: Draw a clowns face or some other target on a brick wall in chalk. Fill a bucket with water, dip a sponge into the water and take it in turns to throw them at the target and 'wipe' it out.
,
- Balloon Heads: Equipment: Balloon, funnel, plain flour, water, felt pens. Activity: Blow up a balloon then deflate it. Put a funnel into the balloon's mouth and carefully spoon in as much flour as you can. Add a little water to make the flour pliable and tie up the balloon. Draw funny faces on the balloon and play!

- Pet Rocks: Equipment:  Rocks, art and craft supplies. Activity: Collect rocks of all shapes and sizes and glue on googly eyes, wool hair, make funny hats, etc.

- Make a Place Mat: Equipment: Thin card, crayons, pens, pencils, magazines, scissors, glue. Activity: Give the little one a piece of card stock and crayons, felt pens etc. Together draw pictures of as many different foods and drinks as you can both think of. Go through magazines and cut out different pictures of foods and drinks and glue them onto the page. Laminate it and use it as a personalized place mat.

- Flying Saucers: Equipment: Paper cup, paper plate, scissors, glue, sticky tape. Activity: Cut the cup in half. Keep the bottom half and cut small slits along the cut edge. Bend the slits out to make flaps and sticky tape it onto a paper plate. Cut slits around the outside of the plate, folding each flap alternately up or down. Go outside and fly the saucers!

So that's my five for this week. Do you have any ideas for activities? What do your little ones love doing? I'd love it if you left a comment and let me know what they are!

That's is from me tonight I'm afraid. Must go sleep...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...